Sunday, August 30, 2009

Last Chance for Skinny

Heeeello Success!  I'm still at my daughter's house and this morning her scale read 180 lbs.  It's going down I tell you.  I will know my actual weight when I weigh in tomorrow.  

Food:  Two pieces of 50 calorie whole wheat toast with blue berry jam for breakfast.  Lunch in Nordstrum's, fruit salad and 1/2 of a vegetable panini.  For dinner we ate a picnic in the park. It included a wonderful strawberry and tomato salsa, blue chips, bird nests, and hummus.  A little white wine and lots of water.  (It rained)

Exercise:  Walked about 5 miles in the mall.  A daughter can shop!  

Today I would like to talk about the fat shopper.  How humiliating is it when you have to ask if the store carries your size?  I shopped in Macy's yesterday and found some really nice clothes (not in the fat section).  But when I went to Ann Taylor...forget it.  I couldn't find my size.  I liked this dress so much I thought to myself "Well I can try to squeeze into it and then wear it with a sweater", but instead it sort of fit.  Just didn't look good because you could see the roles. Maybe I should get one of those squeezey body things that they sell of T.V.  However this is what happened next....The sales clerk took one look at me and said "It looks like you need some help, a lot of help".  I took a deep breath and swallowed whatever dignity I had left and said "Do you guys even carry sizes to fit this body?" She replied with a funny comment like the larger sizes go quickly because no-one wears a size 2....and took me by the hand and helped me pick out some really great stuff.  I ended up getting a few things that are attractive looking and hide all of the lumps.  Then on to the Limited. (Don't forget I was shopping with my daughter, and we were on a mission to make me look chic, her idea). After shuffling through racks of skirts sized from 0 to 10, I turned to a sales clerk and asked for some much needed help. She found me a skirt on the sales rack that fit great.  She also said that the big sizes go right away! What was left on most of the racks were sizes 2, 8, and 10.  So if the big sizes go right away and they are left with the smaller sizes, wouldn't you think that they would order more big sizes? Ugh. 

The reason why some of us fat people look so damn sloppy is because we have to shop at the crappy stores and we aren't dressing stylishly because all of the stylish clothes are size 10!  If you go to the fat stores they feature the same boxy stuff, and it makes us look even bigger.  But what I learned yesterday is that a high waisted skirt and tucked in (yes I said tucked in) shirt, looks really nice....and if you put a little sweater with it...You actually look fabulous!  (yes I said fabulous)  Jones New York looked the best on me in Macy's...So there it is girls...but one thing I have to say is that I felt successful because I think I lost some weight.  I wish you happy shopping

Signed Last Chance for Skinny

No comments: